Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Updates for the day

1) I've decided that my life goal is to meet Peyton Manning.  And to thank him for being so classy and humble in spite of his incredible talent and notoriety.  And for routinely kicking people's butt in football.  And for just being so ridiculously awesome.

2) We continue to wait on word with regards to adoption.  Our profile was submitted for consideration for a few kids this month, but it could still be a while till we hear anything, if anything at all.  I do know that our profile will continue to be submitted each month until our home-study/profile is selected and we move forward in the process.  Should be interesting.  Patience is a virtue they say.  I'm working on being virtuous.... ;-)

3) Jon takes comps in October.  Please be praying for him.  I know he'll do great, because he's so intelligent, but there's always a measure of nerves when you're prepping for a really big exam.  So if you happen to think of him on occasion, I know he'd appreciate the prayers.

4) We're also prepping to run another 5K then a 10K in October.  We'll graduate to a half after that probably, depending on timing.  I hope to have our end goal be a marathon.  It's not an easy goal to reach, but I know it'll be worth it to say that we ran a marathon if we make it to that point.  We've got a ways to go, but it feels good to be running consistently again. 

That's pretty much it.

No comments:

Post a Comment